1. to desire (something), usually with some possibility of fulfilment: you would hope for their cooperation
2. to trust or believe: I hope I've arranged that
1. a feeling of desire for something, usually with confidence in the possibility of its fulfilment: the news was greeted by some as hope for further interest rate cuts
2. a reasonable ground for this feeling: there is hope for you yet3. the person, thing, situation, or event that gives cause for hope or is desired:
Hope is a tricky thing. I haven't felt like having much lately... to be quite honest. And you can come to expect that from this blog... complete honesty. At least that's my goal. Anyway... you'll need a little background info so you can understand where I am coming from.
We have been trying to sell our car for about a month or so now. Every time we come close something goes wrong or the person acts like they are coming to buy it and then we never hear anything from them. We have never had this much trouble with a car sale. It's gotten rediculous and I am over it. We really need to sell the car so I have gotten my hopes up time and time again. Finally after getting upset at God, I decided I am not getting my hopes up... I just can't do it anymore. I'm done. So I got up went to work and tried not to think about it. Well, you know God doesn't just let it end that way. He's annoyingly loving that way :). So I do my rounds of hello's at the office and come talk to "C". We got on the conversation of how things were going for each of us and so of course this crazy mess comes up. He could definitely relate and said something that really hit me. "You know hope is a tricky thing. I find myself saying the same thing...even to my kids... oh I'm not going to get my hopes up... oh don't get your hopes up for that. But that's not how I want to be or the example I want my kids to follow. But it's hard." I don't want my baby "c" to grow up that way either. I want him to always hope and dream. When that spark in your spirit goes it's hard to get it back. I don't want that to happen for my son. So I decided to do some digging and see what God said about it (I thought I would give the maker of the universe another try)... this is what I found....
- Ps 33:17 - Show Context
- A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save.
- Ps 25:5 - Show Context
- guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.