Sunday, July 6, 2008

car sales, fitness, and sunshine

Before I get into my post for today I want to give an update to my last blog. The car that we were so desperate to sell, sold that very night. It's amazing what can happen when you align your thinking and rely on God. Makes all the difference.

We got a Wii Fit today. My husband and I have been debating on whether we should get one or not so we have looked around a little and of course you can't find one anywhere! So he went into Best Buy and they had just gotten a huge shipment! Anyway... I love it, love it, love it! It would take too long to explain the greatness of this product but if you have a Wii go out and get the Wii Fit!

Okay so this post is going to be all over the place but that's just me...

Another update on the book I am reading. I am really enjoying it so far. There are some comments that I think are a little radical but it's really hitting home with me. The second chapter is titled "A Merry Heart." Here is a little excerpt that really shot me straight in the heart... "When he first fell in love with you, you were a sweet little thing, full of laughter and fun. From the very bottom of your soul you were thrilled with him. Everyday you woke up planning some activity that involved you both. Is he still married to the same sweet little thing, or have you become a long-faced, sickly complainer? ..... Has your lover seen your sunshine lately?"

Wow... I'm going to start searching for hidden cameras in my house right now. I've been so consumed with life that I've let my girlish charm and sillyness fade. Lately I'm just happy that I got through the day without biting my husband's head off. But you know what... He has been so great... I'm not saying that we don't have our fights and doubts but lately he has been so great at taking a step back and talking it out before it gets too heated. I'm very impressed. My husband was definitely a hot-head when we got married and boy did I love to push his buttons. Something that I'm sad to say I got honestly from my family ... the love of sarcasm and the ability to dish out heart-piercing criticism. We were a great pair.... both strong-willed and hard-headed :) but we were also goof balls, visionaries, servers and jesus lovers. Thank the Lord we had God on our side.

long pause....

I miss who I was .... in the last post I talked about how it's difficult to get the spark back in your soul once it's gone. After reading tonight I wonder if that's me? Have I lost the spark? I see glimses of it now and then but I want it back. I want to be a happy, fun-loving, silly wife and mother who loves life. I want my husband to see that and my son to see that....

So I guess the only thing left to do is ask yourself everyday.... has your family seen your sunshine lately?

1 comment:

Ali said...

What an excellent question. I just had a conversation tonight asking my husband to help me draw some lines in the sand so that my desire to serve doesn't bankrupt (emotionally) my family. Sometimes I find everyone else gets to see my sunshine. I want them to see it first... and most.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...