Friday, September 12, 2008

She's Here!

It's been such a whirlwind I haven't gotten the chance to tell everyone that Lanie and Garren's little girl is here!

On Wednesday afternoon sweet Jetta Grace DiPasquale was born. 7 pounds 14 ounces and a full head of jet black hair :) I was supposed to be in the room but sadly by the time I got to the hospital Lanie was already pushing. so they made me wait. I was very disappointed but Lanie was only in hard labor for two hours and only at the hospital for thirty minutes before Jetta was born! She's got it down to an art. She was discharged the next day and is up chasing the boys with Jetta in her mommy sling. She does such a great job. Ever since I've known her I've wanted to be as graceful as she is. She makes it look so effortless. She does have her bad days but she just handles everything so well. She's a great mom.

She was talking about another mom's boys tonight and she described them as
rambunctious yet well behaved. That's the kind of mix I like.
So true... kids need to be kids... with manners and obedience sprinkled in. I hope I can give that gift to my kids. I want them to have a wonderful fun childhood while learning discipline along the way. I hope I can accomplish this delicate mix. I'll need lots of grace and wisdom but I know exactly where I can get that. Lord help me be the mom I want to be and the mom God needs me to be specifically for Corben.

1 comment:

Just His Best said...

Aaaaaagh! I'm so sorry you missed the birth because of me! Please forgive me for keeping you. I'm so glad that Jetta is here safe, sound and at home already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...