Saturday, June 6, 2009

Dirty Hippie Is BACK!

I hung out with a long time friend today and it got my wheels turning about a lot of different subjects. I've been having some writer's block lately but I got some fuel to my fire today and am going to jump into some really interesting conversations.

The first one I love, because it validates my skepticism and who doesn't like to be validated? :) As I've talked about many times before... the more I learn, the more skeptical I am about my food, what I put in and on my body etc.

Which brings me to my next point... Jet fuel in my baby's formula. Don't know if any of you have heard about this but, to be honest, it didn't surprise me a ton. Here is the link to an article about it http://www.yourlawyer.com/articles/read/16363 and you might have seen it on the news etc.

The rocket fuel component, perchlorate, has been found in baby formulas. The EPA knew it was there but didn't think it was at a level high enough that would harm infants. Well guess what? They forgot to think about the fact that formula... gets mixed with water which has also been found to have percholorate in it. So the combination can make it to toxic levels. OOPS! Oops and my infant aren't two words I want in the same sentence.

I have been repeatedly shown that natural, in most every area of life, is the way to go... You can't rely on other people to make sure that what you eat and use is of good quality and safe. It's been proven time and time again that the FDA isn't really doing much for us. It's time for society to be more RESPONSIBLE. I know that is a dirty word and most everyone just wants to do what's easy and convenient for them so that they don't have to use their brains. But we are reaping the consequences because of that line of thinking ... or not thinking :).

So call me a dirty hippie if you want... but it's not looking quite so dirty anymore.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...