Monday, June 8, 2009

Spilling the beans. Are you ready?

All right, I'm going to share our name pick...

I've had plenty of time since all the baby naming drama, so I'm ready to spill the beans.

Here it is ... drum roll please...

Devland (or Devlend) Cruz Gammon

I like Devlen better but Chad is insisting on having the "d" on the end. So I'm warming to it. It means "fierce courage" and is very Irish, which is one of the reasons why I love it. We really like it and feel like it is sophisticated and different but not crazy different.

It fits us :)

6 comments:

joyenotes@bellsouth.net said...

Devlend and Coben good names together. I guess you see I like the Devlend spelling,,,,,,but what matters is what you like! (and I noticed that Corben ends with en so maybe Devlend is the better choice)

joyenotes@bellsouth.net said...

OPPPs I missed spelled Corben. Forgive me

Sara said...

Yea for the name revelation!

Just His Best said...

Whoo-hoo! I was going to ask if you were going to tell. Now, any left over names for us? Also, how did you decide on Cruz?

Sorry I haven't been in touch lately. It's been so crazy here! Please call me if I don't call you next week!

Just His Best said...

FYI, I like the 'd' on the end as well, but don't expect other Southerners to get it. Most people think Haviland's name is "Havilynn" when I say it. I've even had to correct Jackson when he says it that way. Of course, with our Southern accents it doesn't help that we draw things out. I'm sure I get lazy from time to time and say it that way myself. :)

Melissa said...

yay! Devland is such a cool name. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...