Friday, March 13, 2009

Handmade Baby

photo provided by: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10872832

I've really been wanting to make some toys for the two little ones in my life. I think it's a great way to #1 know where the toys are coming from and what they are made of and #2 have a family heirloom that maybe they will save for their little ones someday.

I have all the tools and skills to do it. I just need to get on the ball! Here is a great website with tutorials and ideas that you can use to make your own toys/dolls. A lot of them are very simple and you don't have to be "super-crafty" to do it.

makebabystuff.com


If you look around you can find lots of cute things to make for baby like clothes and nursery decor.

I know not everyone feels this way but I think something handmade is a million times more special than getting something from a store. Especially in this day in age. Time is so finite and people are rushing about all the time. To know that someone stopped their busy schedule to make you something is just amazing! I love it!

Speaking of... go support handmade stuff! Find something cool on etsy.com for yourself or a friend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...