Well, while you are waiting for my 101 list, here is the 25 things list that is floating around facebook. I finally gave in and did it. So I thought I'd share it here too...
Okay I finally give in! Here are my 25 Things!
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.
1. At some point in my life I want to be a graphic designer for the CIA.
2. I took stage combat in college. Most fun I ever had in college. What's better than pretending to beat people up and it looking real?
3. I consider myself a pretty carefree person. The small stuff usually doesn't hurt my feelings.. well unless I'm pregnant and hormonal. But I am also secretly type A. I am very particular about certain things in my life. Mostly about business and graphic design.
4. Clubs I was in throughout my entire school experience: Drama Club, DECA, National Honor Society, SAT team, Bible Club, Beta Club oh and we can't forget the best one BHFA (Brazen Hussies and Floozies Anonymous) You and me Ash!
5. Chad and I constantly battle over the car air conditioning. I like it either totally on cold or totally on heat and when it gets to a comfortable temp I turn it off. He likes airflow constantly. I don't think I've ever used the medium temperature setting in my life!
6. I want to be a good dancer. At least enough to feel like I know what I'm doing on the dance floor. Salsa baby!
7. I always feel the need to educate people on why my profession is important. I'm sure one day I'll just submit and buy the shirt from Veer that says "I draw pictures all day." Sigh.
8. I have several goals as far as traveling: Ireland, New York, Backpacking through Europe... and what the heck... Fiji... because who would ever say no to Fiji.
9. I'm a pretty shy person when I first meet people. And it usually takes me a while to really open up to people and be myself. Unless I am the host of the party or in a leadership role... then somehow I can turn on the "outgoingness."
10. I have been married for five years and have a wonderful 15 month old boy and baby 2.0 on the way.
11. I have a notebook fetish. If I come across a pretty blank notebook I just have to buy it. I'll usually fill up a 1/4 of it with to do lists/thoughts/grocery lists/meeting notes etc and then it gets lost in the shuffle somewhere until I find it months later.
12. I love making homemade gifts for people. I just think it is so much better than buying something. Not that I don't buy gifts... I'd just rather make them.
13. I wanted to be Shirley Temple when I was a little girl. I would tell my parents "I'm not Gifton, I'm Heidi."
14. I like to mix corn and mash potatoes. It just tastes so much better that way.
15. My son's laugh can totally change my day.
16. Being a mom is one of the most challenging and rewarding things I've ever done.
17. I love coffee. It's amazing how a drink can bring people together so easily. "Hey wanna grab some coffee?"
18. Going back to the split personality free spirit/anal person that I am. I am definitely that way as a mom. I don't mind if my kid gets messy. I think it's all part of the learning process. But when it comes to how he's taken care of I'm pretty anal. I like to use cloth diapers/wipes, make my own wipes solution, I made a good bit of his baby food, I read labels religiously to make sure he isn't getting too much processed sugar and high fructose corn syrup, and I keep his meals pretty simple, fruits, veggies, fish/chicken, yogurt and cheese. All natural baby soap, sunscreen... well you get the idea.
19. I really love snowboarding. Okay I hated it the first day... but the second day rocked!
20. I am learning to sew and can't wait to get really good at it.
21. I can no longer say I have a favorite color. I guess it the curse of the job. I gravitate towards a group of colors like: Green, Brown, Blue, Orange, Red.... okay wait... never mind.
22. I have to write everything down or I will forget. I usually email myself with to do notes so that I don't have to worry about a physical list. I have a digital copy I can find anytime. I know it's sad :)
23. I've realized as I've gotten older everyone has a different idea of what a "good" movie is. I can watch a movie and think it is good because it was extremely entertaining, action-packed or dramatic... but I can also think a movie is good because it tells an interesting story in a very artistic way. Even though the latter may be a little more subtle.. it's still good.
24. I am near-sighted, I should wear glasses or contacts but I usually don't.
25. I once dyed my hair red and accidentally put chunky highlights that were neon macaroni orange in them. Oops! Thank God for my awesome hair dresser Monica! Wine and girlfriends doing each others hair does not mix. Hey it would have been cool if I was a rock star right?