Saturday, January 10, 2009

Great Are You

When I was checking my friend Sara's blog this week she had one of her favorite songs called "who am I" as a feature on her "favorite Friday" at first I mistook it for a song by a not extremely well known band called Downhere. After looking back at their cd on my itunes library I realized that the song is called "Great Are You," "who am I" is a phrase in the chorus.

I started listening to a few of their songs that I haven't heard in so long. They are really amazing. My two favorites are "Calmer of the Storm" and "Great Are You." Of course the song "Rock Stars Need Money" is hilarious but not as spiritually fulfilling :) "Calmer of the Storm" really speaks to me. It talks about the storms of life and how we want so much to control our will and God's. Man are they reading my mail. I'm a "fixer" if something goes wrong I can take care of it, handle it, flip it around backwards and hang it by it's toes until it works. I, I, I... Do we see a pattern here? I'm so glad that I came to know the Lord at a young age because... sometimes I really think if I was left to my own devices I would be an agnostic or just think that I am capable enough to handle the world. I need God, I can't do this thing called life on my own. I can't have a good marriage, be a loving mother, a calm discipliner, an understanding wife. I would not know the peace that comes through a relationship with him. And I would not be as willing and able to give grace even when, in my own flesh, I feel the person doesn't deserve it. Of course they don't... do any of us? Does that change the fact that you should freely give? Nope.

Here is their song "Great Are You." I couldn't find a great video of it because they aren't a huge band but this should suffice. I love live music... but that's another post...

How I love your works, My God, My King...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...