Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everybody!

Here is my unofficial Christmas Letter...

Well, it's been a wonderful, crazy, joyous year. We brought home our new baby boy last year right before Christmas and have been enjoying his sweet spirit and contagious laugh ever since. My family started a Home Inspection business in January and we are still plugging away at laying the foundation and getting our name out there. Since then we have been working hard to learn how to be good parents and to change our family tree (as Dave Ramsey would put it). Recently Chad got on a Peachmac and was promoted to Assistant Manager soon after. I have been continuing to work with the Vineyard and several other companies in the area while at home raising our son.

I love my job as a mom and graphic designer. But I think mom takes the cake hands down. Corben's smile is all it takes to make my day better. God is so good to have entrusted us with such a wonderful little person. It was a rough start with Corben's sensitive stomach and possible colic but we made it through and it was all worth it.

We moved into our new house just over a month ago and are in love with it. There is plenty of space for Corben to play and we don't feel like we are all on top of each other! Corben is wanting to walk but hasn't quite gotten the guts up to take those first independent steps yet. Which I'm okay with.... I want him to be a baby as long as possible. I know that might be a little selfish but he can take his time. No rush :)

Today was an abundance of emotions. I am so exhausted, elated, and anxious with anticipation for the new year. We had wonderful news this morning that I wrapped and put under the tree for Chad. A pregnancy test that was positive :) We are very excited. It's a little sooner than we had planned but we are both very happy. On this day especially we see what joy a baby can bring to a family and to the world. So merry Christmas everybody! Surprise!

2 comments:

Just His Best said...

He had no idea before opening the gift?? Oooh, you're good at surprises. Congrats to you!!! I am so excited! Merry Christmas and here's to a GREAT 2009!

Sara said...

Thought I should say congrats on here too in case everyone thinks I'm mean...
Congratulations!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...