Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wow! I'm actually going to post my first blog!

Hello all... I have been dreading this moment for a while. Of course I put so much pressure on myself that I just gave up on writing my thoughts down on a blog because I couldn't possibly meet up to my expectations. But I guess it's time to change it up and do it anyway!! So here I am with all my crazy thoughts and thoughtless babbling. Get ready for a fun ride!

I am a WAHM with my first beautiful baby boy "C." He is the most beautiful happy baby in the world and he just makes my day.... sometimes he makes it difficult and sometimes he makes it the best ever. I am a graphic designer by profession and I am all over the place these days so I can't wait to share some of the things that I am getting into like sewing, crafts, all things baby, cloth diapers, parenting, etc. My new project right this second is a nursing cover. It's getting way too hot trying to cover up with a flannel blanket so here goes sewing a cute new cotton print cover.... I'll post some pics when I am done.

Now for some deep thoughts because it's 11:30 at night so what else is there to think about. My husband is away this evening, he has to take a friend to the airport in the morning. So it's just me and "C." Well really just me because he is sleeping soundly in the other room.... gosh I love sleeping babies, so peaceful, so cute. Okay ... back on track... I've started reading a book that a friend recommended to me about being a better wife ... I guess that's the best way to describe it. I don't know how I feel about it yet. I've never been one to be the quiet submissive wife in the corner that jumps at her husbands beckoned call. Now don't get me wrong - I love my husband and I could be better at him taking the lead but I think there are extremes on both ends. I just don't know... is it just my sinful nature to want to have more of a say in our household or to be a leader? Are women not supposed to be leaders in church etc. I read a passage in the book and it basically said that there aren't nearly as many scriptures about women being leaders as there are for women being submissive and helpful, so we should take the latter as truth. Just because there aren't a significant amount of scriptures doesn't mean that you completely throw out a concept. I believe that the whole Bible is true... if you start picking and choosing then we get ourselves in a lot of trouble. The verdict is still out on this book. I'll write more as I take my journey through it. Maybe it'll give me a different perspective or change my mind... who knows.

1 comment:

Sara said...

What's the book? You can't just leave me hanging...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...