Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's with the other man in my life


Today was Valentine's Day. If you looked outside you wouldn't think so. It was so dreary and rainy. Chad had to work so we are going to celebrate tomorrow. So I was at home bored while Corben was taking a nap.... Okay there were things I could be doing but who wants to clean on valentines day? There was nothing on tv, not even a chick movie? wha? So I decided after Corben got up we were going on a date.

We went over to the Evans shopping center and walked around the stores for a little bit and let Corben "pick out" a card for daddy. Then we went to Panera for dinner. I have been craving the Broccoli and cheese soup, YUM! I had to stay away from it while breastfeeding cause the broccoli gave Corben gas. So I have to get it while I can before the next one gets here! I ordered the broccoli and cheese soup and got Corben a grilled cheese which comes with an organic blueberry yogurt (Corben's favorite). I tore his sandwich into little pieces on his plate and we both ate our dinner. I had such a good time. He was soo good and just ate his little sandwich and yogurt like a big boy. I think we'll have to do this every year. I made conversation.. even though he didn't have much to say but some grunting for more :) But I think he enjoyed our time just as much as I did.

Afterwards, I had to pick up a few things at kroger and right when we came in the door all you saw were balloons everywhere! Corben started pointing up and had this big smile on his face. I couldn't resist getting him one. I found the little ones on a stick that he could hold really easy. His face lit up and he held on and played with it the whole way through the store. I had to dodge a few balloon swipes near my face but I didn't mind, he was having so much fun.

I'm so glad I decided to celebrate Valentine's with him. It made my day. I am going to miss our time with "just us." I know the new baby will be wonderful and add a beautiful dynamic but I will miss our little trips with "just the two of us." I feel a Will Smith song coming on. Okay better stop the post now :)

1 comment:

Sara said...

I think it is mean to put a picture of chocolate and caramel on your blog... It makes me want to lick my screen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...