Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pregnancy, work, and letting go

Well the warm weather seems like it is finally here to stay and summer is right around the bend. The pool in our community just opened up and I can't wait for the whole fam to go and enjoy the water. I found a really cute maternity swimsuit. It's strange that I am more comfortable in my pregnant body than I am in my "regular" body. I feel pretty and that's a nice feeling. Even though some days I'm sure I'm not (you know those - I don't have time to shower, baby woke up way earlier than usual, I didn't get a nap, and baby is cranky - kind of exhausting days) but there's just something beautiful about being pregnant that tends to overflow to the outside. Not to mention that God helps us out by making our hair fuller and shinier and our skin glow.

I'm still transitioning out of my "regular" job and God is providing lots of freelance opportunities, which is what I want to focus on from now on. I'm excited to not feel as stressed and to take more time for my son and my pregnant body. I can tell a difference already in Corben's behavior and I'm sure it has a lot to do with me having more patience with him. I want to give Corben more opportunities to socialize and for me to socialize too! It's not only great for him but a life saver for me, it's not just a "want" anymore, it's a necessity. Remember a few posts back I talked about slowing down and focusing on my family etc. Well this is the start. I didn't know if it would feel right not having a "regular" job and wondered if I could let that go. But it does and I'm still going to get to do some design stuff as I designate that I have time for it. That's what I need right now and that's what my family needs right now.

I keep promising that I will post a photo and I keep forgetting! I'll try to do that asap!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Sara said...

God might be making YOUR skin glow... hmph!

gifton said...

Well, I said I feel pretty... don't know what other people see... but I feel pretty. :)

joyenotes@bellsouth.net said...

You ARE BEAUTIFUL---when you are pregnant and when you are not pregnant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...