Friday, April 10, 2009

The Cadillac of Strollers

I have had so many posts rolling around in my brain lately. I finally have a chance to sit down and write one! My parents went up to the IKEA Charlotte with us yesterday to pick up a bunk bed for Corben. We had a lot of fun and my mom was in heaven. She loves decorating/interior design.

We were all in the cafe, eating some scrumptious IKEA food when I saw a women put her small newborn in the lower portion of a jogging stroller. I was looking from the front so I couldn't see everything but my first instinct was alarm. You aren't supposed to put little babies in the bottom of that! When she wheeled by I couldn't help but inspect more.

There was a little napper area in the back of the stroller. Her 2 year old was strapped in front and her newborn was cozily snuggled in the napper in the back/bottom. I was immediately in awe of this stroller.

Later we passed by her and I asked her about the stroller. She said it was wonderful, especially if you have your kids close together (her two were 20 months apart). Corben will be about 21 months when our new little one is born. She said it was pretty expensive but her mother-in-law bought it for them and she couldn't be more grateful.

I knew as soon as I got home I would be looking up the specs on a Phil & Ted's stroller. I have been checking out lots of double strollers lately, especially ones that accommodate an infant and a toddler. Most of these stroller weigh anywhere from 35 to 50 pounds. Can you imagine lugging that thing in and out of your car! 50 pounds!!

This stroller is only 24 pounds and is about the footprint of a regular full size single stroller. I'm in love. I don't know if I could see myself spending between $500 and $700 dollars on a stroller. OUCH!

But with as much as I take Corben for walks and like to get out of the house. It may be worth it. I'll be daydreaming about this one for a while...

2 comments:

Sara said...

I looked into it before we bought our side-by-side double. I can't resist telling you why we decided against the Phil and Ted's...it IS my job to help you not spend money, right? I didn't like that there was no way to cover the back seat rider in the rain. I didn't like that I coudn't hang my bag off the handlebar like I do now if I had one riding in the back seat. I didn't like the lack of storage space. And, last, but not least, when I put Eden in the back seat when she was about 10 months old, she was already almost too tall to have any place to rest her head. Just some considerations for you. :)

girliemum said...

This is one of the strollers I resisted purchasing. The Sit N Stand Deluxe was another. Then there's the Bugaboo (too cute). Not having any money really helped.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...